If you have never joined a video session on Skype or Zoom , I hope you’ll appreciate these tips. Some obvious and and all of them effective:
- Use an external microphone or headset.
- Sit close to t
- he screen. Your face should fill most of it.
- Don’t sit with the window behind you.
- When you’re talking, do it slowly and spend your time looking at the camera, not the screen. You’ll appear more earnest and honest this way.
- When you’re not talking, hit mute.
- When you’re on mute during an audio call, you can do whatever you want. But when you’re on mute on a video call, you need to act like you’re truly engaged. Nod your head. Focus on the screen. Don’t get up and feed your dog or eat.